HOTEL POLICIES & HOUSE RULES
It’s important to us that each Guest is given appropriate information to make their stay as comfortable as possible. Here you can find details of our Hotel Policies and House Rules on items such as Check-In/Check-Out times, Cancellations, Payment, and much more. For additional details, please contact the hotel and speak to one of our friendly staff.
FOR ROOM RESERVATIONS & GENERAL ENQUIRIES
Please Call: +60 3 4040 9888 (24 hours)
BOOKING, RATES & SALES POLICIES
- All rates are quoted in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) and will be subjected to 6% Sales and Service Tax (SST) unless otherwise stated.
- SST & TTX :- Rates are excluding the existing prevailing government taxes for all hotel service payments. Additionally, the mandatory MYR10 Tourism Tax (TTX) will be imposed on all hotel room rates on a per-room, per-night basis to all non-Malaysian guests. This amount is to be collected by the hotel, on behalf of the Government of Malaysia upon check-out. This is in addition to the existing prevailing taxes. TTx is regulated by the Ministry of Finance Malaysia and the Royal Malaysian Customs Department. All Malaysian nationals and permanent residents are exempted from paying this tax.
- Rates quoted are based on your intended duration of stay. Rates are subject to change as a result of changes in your arrival and/or departure dates.
- All published rates are subject to availability and subject to change without notice. Special offers may be changed or withdrawn without notice at any time; unless your rate(s) is guaranteed with a payment confirmation and/or with a reservation guarantee.
Payment for a guaranteed reservation will be charged directly to the guest's credit card.
- Cancellation of and/or amendments to your reservation(s) must be made 48 hours prior to your arrival date. Cancellation and/or amendments made within 48 hours of arrival date / check-in will incur a cancellation fee of one (1) night's room charge, which will be imposed to the credit card / company profile provided at the time of reservation.
- In the event of a no-show, a fee of one (1) night’s room charge will be charged to your credit card provided at the time of reservation.
- The one (1) night’s room charge cancellation fee is inclusive of all prevailing taxes.
Please contact the Hotel directly to redeem complimentary vouchers. Unless the transaction takes place directly at the Hotel, a complimentary booking requires a Credit Card authorisation form to be completed and emailed to the hotel. This form is available by calling the hotel directly.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT POLICIES
Eligibility Age for Check-in / Registration:
Guests must be aged 18 years old and above to check-in at the hotel and register for a room. The names of all guests occupying the room must be registered upon check-in with a valid photographic government-issued identification (NRIC) for local Malaysians or passport for foreigners (non-Malaysian citizens). The Hotel reserves the right to check the photo identification. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The hotel’s check-in time is from 3.00pm on the scheduled day of arrival.
- A valid photographic government-issued identification or passport is required at check-in.
- The guest named in the booking confirmation must be the person staying/checking in at the hotel, otherwise the hotel reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- Should you arrive at the hotel prior to the check-in time, the hotel’s concierge will be able to assist in storing your luggage. If you are expected to arrive early, you are advised to consider making a room reservation for the evening prior to your arrival.
- A cash deposit of MYR200 for each room night of stay or a valid credit card is required upon check-in for incidentals, in addition to full payment of room and prevailing tax. However, the minimum deposit will be advised based on the number of nights if guests are having a longer stay.
- The hotel’s check-out time is 12.00 noon on the day of departure.
- Late check-out can be requested and is based on availability. Please refer to the hotel’s Front Desk at least 24 hours prior to your departure. Request is subject to room availability with the following charges:
- Between 1.00 pm - 6.00pm: RM25 per hour will be charged.
- After 6.00pm: One (1) night’s room rate will be charged.
- In the case of an early departure, guests will be subjected to one (1) night penalty charge. Guests are encouraged to confirm their departure date upon check-in to avoid incurring penalty charges.
- The one (1) night’s room penalty charge is inclusive of all prevailing taxes.
Rooms & Stay Rules:
Housekeeping - In line with Sunway Group’s commitment to UN’s Sustainable Development Goals ‘Transforming our portfolios to low-carbon sustainable cities’ Sunway Putra Hotel is dedicated to conserving water, energy and other resources. We invite guests to join us in these sustainable efforts. As such linen change will be done by Housekeeping every other day unless “Please Make Up Room” sign is being placed at the door. Guests can also request a room make up by calling the Operator or ‘At Your Service’ (AYS) Team by dialling '0' from your room.
Extra Bed – A charge will be imposed on the guest for a bed per night. A maximum of (1) one bed is allowed per room and any additional beds for a room will be advised based on the room type.
- Without Breakfast: RM127.20, a bed per night
- With Breakfast: RM159.00, a bed per night
Baby Cot - Baby cot is available for children aged 2 years and below upon request. To request, please contact the ‘At Your Service’ (AYS) Team by dialling '0' from your room.
Do Not Disturb - If guests prefer privacy, kindly put on “Do Not Disturb” sign at the door. However, if the signage is put on for more than 48 hours period, Hotel employees have the right to call the guests and enter for a welfare check.
Visitor - External visitors who are not registered as paying guests are not allowed to stay overnight and will have to be escorted out for security and safety purposes.
Luggage Storage – Guests may leave their luggage or belongings under the care of Concierge after their check-in. A maximum period of 6 months of storage is applied to any luggage that was left in their care. The Concierge Team will make their best effort to reach out to the owners to claim their belongings before being disposed of after 6 months.
Food Delivery - All deliveries should be arranged and collected by the guests themselves at the Main Entrance at Lower Lobby.
Safe Deposit Box - A safe deposit box is located in the closet which is available for your use. The Hotel is not responsible for any valuable item left outside of the safe box.
Wi-Fi Services - Complimentary Wi-Fi or Wired Internet Access is provided in all guestrooms for guest use.
The following items are not permitted in the hotel premises:
- Animals of any kind
- Flammable, explosive or otherwise hazardous materials
- Objects and fruits emitting a foul odour, including but not limited to Durian, Mangoes, Jackfruit, Chempedak etc.
- Unregistered firearms or other weapons
- Objects of an unusually large size or in unusually large quantities
- Articles related to use in gambling, prostitution, smuggling or other illicit acts
- Illegal drugs or other articles, the possession of which is prohibited by the laws of Malaysia
The Hotel reserves the right to refuse entry to any guest found to be in possession of prohibited items. Guests shall be solely liable and responsible for all loss financial or otherwise, and damage that may be caused by such items.
The hotel will make every effort to honour special requests such as a specific floor or room number, adjoining rooms, roll-away beds, etc. upon your arrival. All special requests noted on reservations or entered into the “Additional Information” box on the hotel website booking engine are subject to availability and we will do our best to accommodate. However, the Hotel bears no responsibility should it be unable to fulfil certain requests and availability of these items cannot be guaranteed in advance.
Handicapped accessible or OKU-friendly guest rooms are available and should be reserved in advanced. Kindly contact the Hotel reservations department at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to request.
Access to the Hotel:
- Hotel Main Entrance: 24 Hours
- Mall Entrance at Lower Lobby: From 6.00 am – 12.00 am
- Elevator access to Mall at Level 4: 10.00 am - 10.00 pm
- Elevator access from Parking:
- Main Lobby Elevator – Level B2 and B1 only
- Back Elevator - Level B2, B1, 5, 6 ,7 and 8
- Operation hours: From 7.00 am - 8.00 pm
- Location: Level 11, Sunway Putra Hotel
- Dress code: Swimwear
The 25-metre-long swimming pool is accompanied by a kid’s pool and a jacuzzi. Please note that there is no lifeguard on duty. Children below the age of 12 must be always accompanied by an adult at all times. Please use your room key card to access the swimming pool. Tap onto the panel next to the glass entrance to enter.
- Operation hours: From 7.00am - 8.00pm
- Location: Level 11, Sunway Putra Hotel
- Dress code: Fitness/Sportswear
The fitness centre is fully equipped with free weights, treadmills and exercise machines for your use. Please use your room key card to access the Fitness Centre. Tap onto the panel next to the glass entrance to enter.
- Should there be any cancellation of a pre-arranged transportation, a 72-hour (i.e., by 3.00pm Malaysia time) prior notice is required. Failure to notify by said period will result in a penalty of the full transportation rate.
- Any transportation utilised between the hours of 11.00pm to 6.00am (Malaysia time) will be imposed with a 50% surcharge.
- Guests are given complimentary parking with their stay at the Hotel. Guests need to take a ticket when entering the parking lot and to present it for validation at the Concierge Counter.
- Touch ‘n Go is not inclusive, and the Hotel does not cover the cost.
- For more info on Parking can refer to here.
This is a non-smoking hotel. All enclosed indoor public areas and guestrooms within the hotel are non-smoking. Guests who smoke are permitted to do so outside at designated smoking areas. A significant penalty has been instituted and a room recovery fee will be imposed for guests who do not comply to cover the extensive cost of restoring the guestrooms to a smoke-free condition. A room recovery fee, a minimum of MYR600 will be charged if any evidence of smoking is found in the guestrooms.
A designated smoking area is provided outside and away from the building. Guests may ask Front Desk staff for information on the designated smoking areas.
LOST & FOUND POLICY
Sunway Putra Hotel assumes no liability for lost, misplaced, stolen, or damaged valuables or belongings. Should guests discover that an item of value has been left behind, please call the Hotel immediately and the Hotel management will try to assist the guest(s) in locating the lost item.
Sunway Putra Hotel is not responsible for any item left behind by a guest. However, any item, apart from perishable items, left behind by our guests and found after departure by Housekeeping will be collected, logged in, and kept in a secure location for collection by the owner for up to one (1) year, after which the item shall be disposed accordingly. Records of Lost & Found items are retained for one (1) year. Reasonable effort will be made to notify the guest(s) that an item has found. Perishable items, underwear, and miscellaneous toiletries will be discarded.
Guest will be contacted to return to the hotel to collect the lost & found items and if guests are not able to attend for collection, an arrangement for delivery will be made with charges to be advised.
Unclaimed Items/No Contact:
Lost & Found items are held for one (1) year while the Hotel management attempts to contact the guest. If guest’s contact information is incorrect or the management is unable to contact the guest during the one (1) year holding period despite reasonable effort put in to contact the guest either through phone or email, the unclaimed item(s) will be thrown away, given to local organisations, or disposed accordingly by Sunway Putra Hotel.
Damage and/or Theft of Hotel Property:
Guests are liable for any damage howsoever caused (whether by the deliberate, negligent, or reckless act) to the room(s), hotel’s premises or property caused by the guest or any person in the guest’s party whether staying at the hotel during the guest’s stay. Sunway Putra Hotel reserves the right to retain the guest’s credit card and/or debit card details as presented at registration and charge or debit the credit /debit card such amounts as it shall in its sole discretion deemed necessary to compensate or make good the cost or expenses incurred or suffered by Sunway Putra Hotel because of the aforesaid. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, the Hotel management reserves the right and the guest hereby authorises the management to charge the guest’s credit or debit card for any damage incurred to the guest’s room or the Hotel property during their stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc. The Hotel management will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
Disorderly Room Condition Discovered During Check-Out:
Any guest rooms found during check-out with waste strewn around, in complete disorder, and/or “trashed” will be subjected to maintenance deep cleaning fee, administration fee and/or third-party fees.
Damage or Tampering with Fire Detection Systems/Fire-Fighting Equipment:
The Hotel reserves the right to act against any guest or visitor found to have tampered or interfered with any detection equipment throughout the Hotel, including smoke detector heads in public areas, guest rooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests or visitors found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire-fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the Hotel due to their actions and will be evicted from the Hotel. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, law enforcement may become involved at the Hotel’s discretion. The Hotel management reserves the rights, and the guest hereby authorizes us to charge their credit or debit card for any damage incurred to the guest’s room or the Hotel property during their stay.
SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY
Illness and Epidemics:
Sunway Putra Hotel reserves the right to refuse accommodations to a guest arriving with a contagious disease. In cases where sickness occurs during the stay, please notify the Front Desk staff as soon as possible. In the case of serious sickness, guests may be requested to receive appropriate health care from a nearby healthcare facility. During epidemics, the Hotel management is entitled to employ precautionary measures within its judgment or as required by local authorities.
Restriction of Facility Use:
Due to the on-going epidemics such as Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation or weather conditions, certain public facilities and areas may be closed in accordance with government directives or Hotel’s decision for safety and security purposes. Please contact the management for more information.
The Hotel is fully equipped with smoke detectors, sprinklers, and emergency evacuation plans on the door of each guest room. Please review this important information.
In Case of Emergency or Fire:
Please notify Front Desk in the event of a fire or other emergency. A map that shows emergency exits can be found on the back of your room door.
ANTI-BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION POLICY
All members of the Board of Directors and staff uphold the highest standard of integrity and accountability in discharging their duties and to ensure all Company’s business activities are conducted in compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements on anti-bribery and anti-corruption.
We respect the privacy of our guests and will only use their information in accordance with our Privacy Statement, available at https://www.sunwayhotels.com/sunway-putra/privacy-policy. If there are any questions or comments regarding this email, please submit your enquiry at https://www.sunwayhotels.com/sunway-putra/contact-us. Guests have the right to access, to rectify and to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of their data in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- Sunway reserves the right to amend, delete and/or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Sunway reserves the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity, or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.
- The terms and conditions stipulated are for bookings made via the hotel’s official website - sunwayhotels.com, via telephone and/or email to the hotel’s reservations department. For bookings made via third-party websites/other sources, please refer to their respective terms and conditions as they may differ from ours.
- With or without notice, in the event of a situation whereby the hotel cannot provide accommodation as previously confirmed, for whatever reason, the hotel will undertake to relocate guests into an alternative hotel like that which is the subject of your booking at no expense to the guest(s). The alternatives offered to guests are at the hotel’s discretion.
- Images/photographs used on the website are indicative only. Facilities, attributes and layouts listed may not apply to all guestroom types.
- For the avoidance of doubt, your rate(s) does not include any incidental charges, which you may incur during your stay unless stipulated otherwise. Such charges will be payable and settled in full by you upon check-out. In the event that you fail to pay any such incidental charges, it is a condition of your contract with the hotel that you irrevocably authorise the hotel to debit your credit or debit card for the amount of any shortfall.